New Issue of FAA Safety Briefing Available
Notice Number: NOTC5139
The January/February 2013 issue of FAA Safety Briefing explores the important role technology plays in keeping general aviation safe and efficient. Articles discuss the many benefits of emerging technologies as well as the potential safety hazards of being too technologically focused.
Among the feature articles in this issue include:
- "The (Lost) Art of Paying Attention" - a look at how pilots can manage the attraction to technological distraction (p. 8)
- "New Technologies, New Procedures" – making the most of NextGen modernization options (p. 16)
- and "There’s Light at the End of the Runway" – using data and technology to improve runway safety (p. 24)
The issue’s Jumspeat department (p. 1) explains the important balance of adopting, adapting, and being adept when it comes to integrating new technology, while Nuts, Bolts, and Electrons (p. 31) covers how to combat distractions in the workplace.
The link to the online edition is: http://www.faa.gov/news/safety_briefing/. Also, be sure to follow us on Twitter - @FAASafetyBrief
FAA Safety Briefing is the safety policy voice for the non-commercial general aviation community. The magazine's objective is to improve safety by:
- making the community aware of FAA resources
- helping readers understand safety and regulatory issues, and
- encouraging continued training
Produced by the editors, FAA Safety Briefing, http://www.faa.gov/news/safety_briefing/
Address questions or comments to: SafetyBriefing@faa.gov.
Follow us on Twitter @FAASafetyBrief or www.twitter.com/FAASafetyBrief.