View of Whiteplains Plantation

View of Whiteplains Plantation
Over Head View

Thursday, January 21, 2010

VASI/PLC System Update

Whiteplains Pilots...

Today, I made some minor changes to the VASI/PCL system.

As I told everyone in December that I would, I removed the previous five-click option. This will help to de-conflict us from Gilbert International. THE SYSTEM COMES ON WITH THREE CLICKS. Not two, not four, not five. Only THREE.

You may have noticed in recent days that the system would occasionally come on and off at random times. This was due to atmospheric noise, lightning and other such disturbances. To correct this, I "tightened" the squelch control a little bit. This should minimize the false commands, but will result in a slight decrease in maximum range. You should still be able to energize the system from at least a mile out. If you find that you are unable, please call me and tell me the circumstances.

As always, feel free to call with comments or questions.

Thanks.

Ken

No comments: